It’s been a very busy week here at Mojang, but we’ve managed to finish off two more features in time for the snapshot. Don’t worry – there’s still lots more to come!
CHANGES IN 18W45A
- Added Illager Patrols
- Added scaffolding
- Rewrote the sign editing to be more intuitive
- Performance improvements & bug fixes!
- Spawn in the world as a pack of 5 mobs consisting of an Illager beast and 4 random other illagers.
- Spawn in all variations of the Plains, Taiga, Deserts, Savanna.
- Scary-spooky new banner can be found a top the patrol leaders head.
REWRITE OF SIGN EDITING
The pen is mightier than the sword! Unless you’re fighting a Pillager…
- Movable cursor for free text editing
- Selection support
- Copy & Paste
Here to make your life easy! No strings attached.
- Easily buildable
- Easily destroyable
- Easily climbable
- Easily the best use of your Bamboo
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 18W45A
/lootand reworked the syntax to be easier to understand
ENTITY EQUIPMENT ADVANCEMENT PREDICATE
- Entity predicate now accepts
- This predicate can contain up to six fields:
- If this predicate is non-null, test will fail for entities that have no equipment (i.e. not mobs, players or armor stands).
loot <target> <source>
fish <loot table id> <fishing location> [tool <item>|mainhand|offhand]– uses fishing context
loot <loot table id>– uses loot chest context (can be also used for advancement awards and cat gifts)
kill <entity selector>– simulates entity drops
mine <mining location> [tool <item>|mainhand|offhand]– simulates block drops
spawn <position>– drops in world
replace– works similar to
countis missing, command will try to place all returned items. If
countis higher than number of items, remaining slots will be cleared.
entity <entity selector> <start slot> [<count>]– replaces range of slots.
block <position> <start slot> [<count>]– replaces range of slots.
give <player selector>– inserts items into player’s inventory (similar to
insert <position>– inserts items into container (similar to shift left-click)
FIXED BUGS IN 18W45A
- MC-138539 – Dying causes you to respawn in empty unplayable world until relog
- MC-138338 – Wither roses are made even though mobGriefing is false
- MC-138003 – Cannot move backwards in signs while writing / Cannot copy anything from the sign
- MC-137967 – Leaves drop either 2 or no sticks but never 1
- MC-137946 – Loaded crossbow model placement issue when holding another crossbow in the offhand slot
- MC-137783 – Trident and bow uses crossbow animation when wielding a crossbow in your offhand
- MC-137572 – Loom consumes two banners
- MC-137506 – Pillager constantly firing into the ground with nothing to agro onto to.
- MC-137498 – Crossbow enchantments missing in creative tab
- MC-137496 – Banner pattern cannot be shift-clicked out of loom
- MC-137473 – Fireworks and multishot (crossbow) don’t work together properly
- MC-137459 – Bamboo item doesn’t use the handheld model
- MC-137456 – Wither rose withers creative mode players
GET THE SNAPSHOT
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Launch Options” tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar