Last week was the last week to introduce new features for 1.12, and starting from this week we are focusing on polishing the new features, fixing as many bugs as possible and optimizing the game.
Changes in snapshot 17w17a
- Added lots of new advancements and moved existing ones around
- Gave terracotta blocks unique colours on the map
- Tweaks to the difficulty of the Illusioner
- Reverted the purple skulker colour, sorry about that!
- New sound effects, including new note blocks notes!
- Made the tooltips in advancements UI overlay the screen
- Technical: Added “UpdateLastExecution” nbt tag to command blocks, useful for loops
- Technical: Added bulk-granting/revoking to the /advancement command
- Technical: Allow advancements to trigger commands as rewards
- Technical: Optimized the recipe book a little
- Technical: Advancement icons now allow data values
- Fixed bug MC-114971 – Missing usage translation for ‘/advancement test’ command
- Fixed bug MC-114979 – advancement command doesn’t allow bulk grant/revoking
- Fixed bug MC-115056 – “Remote Gateway” advancement cannot be obtained by using ender pearls
- Fixed bug MC-115170 – Advancements Test Command Success Uses the Wrong Translation
- Fixed bug MC-115173 – Unsuccessful advancement test command has player and advancement name interchanged
- Fixed bug MC-115574 – “Sniper Duel” advancement triggered when killing non-skeleton mob at distance
- Fixed bug MC-115740 – Inconsistent error message for /advancement grant @p *
- Fixed bug MC-115805 – Fences/panes/walls/bars/torches connect to a number of non-solid blocks
- Fixed bug MC-115821 – Tooltips with long titles in the advancements menu are cut off
- Fixed bug MC-115880 – ‘Take Aim’ advancement granted by projectiles other than arrows
- Fixed bug MC-115936 – Narrator does not properly read output from /say, /tell and /tellraw command
- Fixed bug MC-115940 – Division by zero crash with alternating /recipe commands
- Fixed bug MC-116016 – Advancement “adventure/trade” uses criteria named “shot_arrow”
- Fixed bug MC-116245 – “Zombie Doctor” advancement description has a period, while others don’t
- Fixed bug MC-116471 – Conditional command blocks SuccessCount doesn’t update
- Fixed bug MC-116514 – “durability” option for item-based triggers succeeds for items without durability
- Fixed bug MC-116516 – “item_durability_changed” triggers when base change is 0, but not when Unbreaking reduces the change to 0
- Fixed bug MC-116617 – New AutoCraft Functionality Allows Spawning Arbitrary Items
- Fixed bug MC-116650 – Wooden fences connect to nether brick fences
- Added some new bugs!
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the “launch options” tab. Check the box saying “Enable snapshots” and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the “Play” button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the “launch options” page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar