We are happy to introduce the first (and final?) snapshot of Minecraft 1.11.1!!!!11oneone! This patch is mainly focused on fixing more bugs, but also contains a number of minor features just in time for the Holidays. In particular, there is a new use for the fireworks, but remember to be careful when handling explosives.
There is also a new (potentially controversial) change to the combat mechanics. Without revealing what it is, you will most definitely notice the difference when you try out the snapshot. We anticipate much feedback.
Continuing on the combat system, there is a new sword enchantment, and Mending is no longer compatible with Infinity on bows.
And finally, you can now recycle many tools and items in the furnace. The reward is minuscule but considerably better than nothing!
Bugs fixed in 16w50a:
- [Bug MC-3607] – Some entities, enchanted gear and end portals render white while in fog / red while in lava
- [Bug MC-7222] – 1-9 keys, hoppers/droppers and shift-clicking ignore stacking restrictions
- [Bug MC-23039] – Dropped item disappear in Creative
- [Bug MC-33383] – Lag while taking screenshot with F2
- [Bug MC-67665] – Mouse click position always lags a few frames behind the crosshair
- [Bug MC-88484] – Decimal numbers are displayed using the default Locale value
- [Bug MC-101197] – Cannot use leads on wild ocelots
- [Bug MC-104724] – Bed God Mode Exploit
- [Bug MC-104778] – Non-hostile wild wolves and ocelots cannot be put on leashes
- [Bug MC-105049] – Infinite Durability for Carrot on a stick
- [Bug MC-106117] – Clouds flicker between different positions when spectating minecart
- [Bug MC-107638] – Baby Zombie Villager Voice sounds deep as adult version
- [Bug MC-108319] – XP orbs sound effects mostly play high pitch sounds
- [Bug MC-108464] – followRange Attribute doesn’t work properly on some mobs
- [Bug MC-108673] – Fences and cobble walls moved by pistons don’t move entities in the upper part of their collision box
- [Bug MC-108943] – CustomPotionColor doesn’t change the colors of the AreaOfEffectCloud / TippedArrow
- [Bug MC-109028] – Picking up a flower from a Flower Pot makes no sound when you already have that flower in your inventory
- [Bug MC-109038] – Spawner with missing “minecraft:” in entity id (or with not lowercased entity id) spawns this entity until you reload the world
- [Bug MC-109805] – Farmland can be placed on invalid locations
- [Bug MC-109831] – Heads in inventory face backwards.
- [Bug MC-109833] – “commands.title.usage” uses a different syntax
- [Bug MC-110065] – Shift-Jumping on Magma Block deals damage to the player
- [Bug MC-110076] – Weighted Pressure Plate name gets truncated when applying enchanted book in anvil
- [Bug MC-110094] – Entities can fall through moving fences
- [Bug MC-110234] – Renaming a Wither doesn’t change the boss bar
- [Bug MC-110244] – Moving blocks use 0,0,0 as surrounding to calculate their bounding box
- [Bug MC-110247] – Moving blocks can move entities into other moving blocks (also when they move in a different direction)
- [Bug MC-110333] – Mounted horse disappeared after 1.11 upgrade
- [Bug MC-110474] – Activator Rail ejects Players (and 2 high Mobs) to the wrong spot inside of 2 high rooms
- [Bug MC-110598] – Unicode characters which are not converted 1:1 when calling toLowerCase result in wrong formatting
- [Bug MC-110756] – Llama yellow carpet model error
- [Bug MC-110783] – Final firework rocket of a stack does not explode
- [Bug MC-110808] – Eating Pufferfish in a stack of 1 does not give debuffs
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar