A snapshot on a Monday? How is that possible? We could just pretend it’s Wednesday, or explain what’s going on. So, here we go:
It’s actually Wednesday, so all is good…
…just kidding. It’s not Wednesday and here’s the real reason:
As we get closer to the first pre-release for Minecraft 1.9, we will release snapshots more frequently to get more feedback on our changes and bug fixes. In this phase of development all the bug reports and feedback on Reddit or via Twitter are helping us a lot to work on the right issues to get to a stable release.
- Bugs fixed
- Removed the cages that were protecting the crystals during the dragon fight
- Treat every day as if it’s Wednesday internally
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-61765] – tellraw/books (json-stuff) doesn’t work with @e[…] and displaying its score
- [Bug MC-85132] – Leaves are not culled in fast mode
- [Bug MC-94438] – Massive Lag in any snapshots post-15w47c
- [Bug MC-95352] – Spatial target arguments “r”, “dx”, “dy”, “dz” behave unexpectedly and inconsistently
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server.jar