Here is a new snapshot. We made it. For you. So that you can see what we’ve been working on most recently and tell us what you think about it. Nothing in it is final, everything could change before Minecraft 1.9 is relased, but most things won’t.
Some things that were broken in the previous snapshot (16w02a) are not fixed or changed back in this snapshot, because we had to focus on few very important bigger tasks to work on before we can go back working on smaller changes. This is nothing to worry about and perfectly normal so close to finishing a release, so don’t get upset if you see things that are still in the same state as last week. We’ll take care of them soon and definitely before we call Minecraft 1.9 done.
Once again, thanks to everyone who is reporting bugs, testing the snapshots and sending us feedback on our changes. Without your constant feedback, we wouldn’t be able to focus on the important issues that need fixing before we can call Minecraft 1.9 done.
- Bugs, bug and more bugs. Most of them fixed, only very few new ones introduced.
- Less flickering in chunk rendering when blocks are placed or broken.
- The end has opened its gates again, travelling to this dimension is not restricted anymore.
- The world also more diverse again, many biomes are back from their vacation.
- More new sounds and some updated sounds.
- Removed Herobrine.
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-779] – Some entities are displayed outside of their spawner
- [Bug MC-68383] – Certain entities not properly showing CustomName when CustomNameVisible set to true
- [Bug MC-71006] – Minecart with Hopper and Minecart with Chest’s GUIs’ name is Minecart.
- [Bug MC-80826] – achievement command works unreliable with statistics
- [Bug MC-95539] – All damage types cause knockback
- [Bug MC-95541] – Beacon NPE: Failed to load data for block entity
- [Bug MC-95612] – Variant biomes / M-types / Sunflower Plains no longer being generated.
More bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- Some serious issues that were not reported on our bugtracker, so they don’t have a MC-number or ticket.
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server.jar