Update: Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 3 is now available.
Update: Minecraft 1.9.1 Pre-Release 2 is now available.
Elytra sounds are now ready, so we bundled them with a few bug fixes and decided to make a Minecraft 1.9.1 pre-release available for everyone to test these changes.
Most of us are going to San Francisco next week to attend GDC, so we will release Minecraft 1.9.1 in two weeks.
- Fixed another crash in pathfinding code (NPE)
- Fixed crash in pathfinding code (CME)
- Tweaking of cooldown mechanics intensifies
- Added Elytra sound effects
- Improved AI
- Improved entity selectors
- Tweaked cooldown mechanics to be less confusing
- Applied paper patch 0078
- Loot tables now also work in dispensers and droppers
- Hoppers can now pull items out of blocked chests
- Increased limit for “executed command blocks per tick”
- [Bug MC-56162] – Worldborder damage 0
- [Bug MC-96219] – Block Duplication Bug with Pistons (ghost blocks)
- [Bug MC-98327] – Elytra texture transparency issues
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots (or, in this case, the pre-release), open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server.jar