A mod to help mine veins of ores by mining blocks of the same type in a chain reaction, giving you the blocks at the end.
It improves upon Connected Destruction by:
- Can be optionally be installed in the client for hotkey support
- Can have personal settings (that can be remembered using the client part of the mod
- Actually uses the tool to mine, so drops are correct
To use Veinminer, you need to have Veinminer installed on the server (for single player games the client and the server are the same). You do not need to have Veinminer installed on the client, however it will provide reduced functionality to the clients that do not have it installed.
In order to get the most out of Veinminer, you should edit the VeinMiner.cfg config file. Add the ids of the blocks to the different block lists to that you wish to be able to mine using Veinminer. Add any tools that you want to be able to use to use with Veinminer. The IDs should be changed on the server.
The default config file has the vanilla ores added for the pickaxes, vanilla wood added for the vanilla axes and clay for the shovel.
VeinMiner has several modes, each of which determine when it is activated. Modes are specific to each player.
- ‘Disabled’: Don’t activate at all. This is the default if you don’t have the mod installed in the client.
- ‘Auto’: Activate when the keyboard shortcut (also called a keybind) is pressed in the client. The keyboard shortcut by default is ‘~`.
- ‘Sneak’: Activate while you are sneaking. This is the same option as provided by Connected Destruction. This is the default if you have the client.
- ‘No Sneak’: Activate while you are not sneaking.
The client setting in the config file allows you to choose what mode you go into when you join a game. To set the default mod to disabled, set the shortcut to an unused key.You can use the
command to change the mode that VeinMiner is in for you. This can be done with
where is one of ‘disable;, ‘auto’; ‘sneak’; or ‘no_sneak’. You can use
/veinminer help enable
for help (i.e. info on this page).Using the default settings, an easy way to see VeinMiner working is to chop a tree (from vanilla) down using an axe (from vanilla).
How to install Random Things Mod?
This mod requires “Minecraft Forge” in order to operate. It is incredibly easy to download and set up, so might as well get to it!
- Download Forge
- Download the latest mod versions
- Place the mod in the
modsfolder of your .minecraft. If you are not sure where this is, it is located here:
Download links VeinMiner Mod:
for Minecraft 1.9:
for Minecraft 1.8.9:
for Minecraft 1.7.10: