You’ve already seen the header image. Do we even need to say anything else?
CHANGES IN 18W15A
- New entity: Dolphins
- New block: Conduit
- New block: Blue Ice
- New item: Heart of the Sea
- New item: Nautilus Shell
- Icebergs now generate in frozen oceans
- You no longer have “night vision” effect underwater
- Water now has different colours based on the biome
- New video option: Biome blend distance
- Going in and out of swimming should now feel smoother
- You can now swim through 1×1 holes! Again!
- Fog colour underwater now changes much smoother between biomes
- Optimized fog rendering
- Light now goes much further through liquid blocks
- Spawns in any ocean that isn’t frozen
- They’re just cute, okay?
- Dolphins are very playful and love floating items
- They also love to chase after boats
- If you upset one, you upset them all
- More behaviours coming soon
Blubb blubb blubb blubb
- Water now only blocks 1 light per block, instead of 3
- This only affects newly placed water – we will relight all chunks in an upcoming snapshot
- Every ocean biome has a unique water colour, and swamps are icky and gross
- In newly generated chunks, you’re less likely to find frozen ocean next to warm ocean (and similar)
- I’m not sure.
- What is this?
- Where are we?
FIXED BUGS IN 18W15A
- MC-25866 – Splash Potion of Saturation has no effect
- MC-63714 – Zombie Pigmen get angry when hit in creative
- MC-121479 – Clicking on world, save and quit to title and quit buttons freeze the game for a second
- MC-122354 – Flying with elytra crash game / kicks player
- MC-123585 – Closing world while debug pie chart is open causes crash
- MC-123853 – Mobs don’t burn when standing in double plants/cobweb
- MC-124906 – Underground lava and water lakes and mob spawners generate with air instead of Cave air (cave_air)
- MC-124915 – /locate and eye of ender find strongholds in invalid places
- MC-124918 – Biome-specific structures generate at wrong biomes in superflat
- MC-124953 – Vines generate beneath jungle at y-level 64
- MC-125083 – New world generator doesn’t generate snow on trees in snow biomes
- MC-125106 – Liquids in generated structures don’t update
- MC-125188 – Releasing the sprint button will no longer stop sprinting until you touch the ground
- MC-125195 – Spectator mode will still allow the swimming animations
- MC-125219 – Logs do not retain their rotation when stripping them
- MC-125240 – Player is unable to swim through one-high water with a solid block above
- MC-125530 – Swimming while touching ground shakes viewport if View Bobbing is enabled
- MC-125578 – Splash turtle potions missing “splash” in translation
- MC-125579 – Tipped turtle potion arrows inconsistently capitalize “The”
- MC-126087 – In creative mode, fish buckets are used when placing the fish
- MC-126097 – Will not drop the grilled fish, when cod and salmon are burned to death
- MC-126185 – Fish unrestricted spawning causing world to inevitably crash from the number of entities
- MC-126557 – Sea grass, kelp and coral can be generated on crevices
- MC-127276 – Zombie transform to Drowned in less than waist-high water
GET THE SNAPSHOT
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Launch Options” tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar