Update: We’ve released a ‘b’ snapshot making End Crystals, End Rods and Tipped Arrows properly obtainable in Survival. In addition, it fixes numerous bugs and some crashes.
We’ve come a long way, but we’re finally approaching The End of the 1.9 snapshot series and are starting to work closer towards a full release.
We’ve now got almost all the features we wanted for 1.9 done and stable, with a few minor balancing and polishing tasks left to do. In the coming weeks we will focus more on performance, stability and bug fixing.
- Rebalanced loot found in generated chests (dungeons, for example)
- Added new mechanic for respawning the Ender Dragon
- New item: End Crystal. Currently drops from Skeletal Horses.
- Re-rebalanced the golden apples.
- Made the “buff bar” at the top of the screen properly respect hidden & ambient effects.
- Made the new saturation -> food mechanic only apply when you’re not hungry
- Fixed many bugs.
- Bones and bone meals are now 50% cooler. No particliar reason why, they just are.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft.jar