What is Bukkit? We believe our first announcement revealing the project to the Minecraft community says it best:
Bukkit is an up-and-coming Minecraft Server mod that will completely change how running and modifying a Minecraft server is done – making managing and creating servers easier and providing more flexibility. Learning from the mistakes made by other mods, Bukkit aims to be different and fill the void left by them: built from the ground up we’ve focused on performance, ease-of-use, extreme customisability and better communication between the Team and, you, our users. The overall design of Bukkit has been inspired by other mods and our experience as Minecraft players just like yourselves, giving us a unique perspective and advantage going into the creation of the Bukkit Project.
- 1. Download CraftBukkit (Scroll down for link)
- 2. Put the .jar file in the directory you’d like the server to run from
- 3. Open a text editor such as Notepad and type:
java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true PAUSE
- 4. Save the document as run.bat (not as a .txt) in the same directory as craftbukkit.jar.
- Note: With some programs such as Notepad, it may try saving as run.bat.txt. When saving to a file name, put the name in quotes: “run.bat”
- 5. Double click run.bat and you’re away!
- 6. Write “stop” command in console.
- 7. Open server.properties with notepad or notepad ++
- 8. Find ”Server ip =” and write your IP adress.
- 9. You’re ready to go!
- If you see “‘Java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” then you need to reinstall Java. Still get this error? Follow this guide to adding Java to your system pat