0.11.0 has now been released on all devices. As a result you can now have your own skin to change the look of your character.
1. Go to mcShelfs skins category to find and download the skin you want to use.
2. Open Minecraft Pocket Edition and press on the settings button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. In the vertical menu on the left tap on the second button to get to the skins settings.
4. Tap on the button which says Custom or Browse.
5. A file manager will open and you can select the skin which you downloaded from mcShelfs a little bit before.
6. Select the model which looks best for the skin.
7. When you go in-game next your character will be the one you chose.
Looks pretty neat, don’t you think?