It generates about 1-10 dense blocks per chunk (replacing already generated ores). for an overall increase in ores of about 5%. The textures for the dense ores are dynamically generated from the base ores texture and the equivalent ‘stone’ texture. This means that you won’t need to create a new texture for your texture packs (although you can create one anyway if you’re not happy with the way it looks).
- S:baseBlock – The ore block that you wish to replace. This is in the form modid:blockname
- I:baseBlockMeta – The metadata value for the block (0-15)
- S:baseBlockTexture – The ores texture name (as found in assets/modid/textures/blocks)
- D:denseOreProbability – Currently unused.
- I:renderType – This changes the way the texture generation works.
- I:retroGenId – Retrogen number. Set it to non-zero to enable retrogen. You can change it to a diffent number to run retrogen again.
- S:underlyingBlock – The texture of the base block (usually stone or netherrack), see baseBlockTexture.
How to install Dense Ores Mod?
This mod requires “Minecraft Forge” in order to operate. It is incredibly easy to download and set up, so might as well get to it!
- Download Forge
- Download the latest mod versions
- Place the mod in the
modsfolder of your .minecraft. If you are not sure where this is, it is located here:
Download links Dense Ores Mod: